Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ivy Ivy is offline

Default How can I open a wb3 file with Excel 2007?

I have some old quatro pro files that I want to open with Excel 2007.
Everything I've read seems to indicate there isn't a way - no converter, etc.
Is this really true? I'm finding it hard to believe there isn't some way
around.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to go outside Excel 2007 to do this - find a means to convert the
file into something that XL2007 CAN open.

According to the website, Open Office can open wb2 files. I don't see a
specific mention of wb3 files tho

"Ivy" wrote:

I have some old quatro pro files that I want to open with Excel 2007.
Everything I've read seems to indicate there isn't a way - no converter, etc.
Is this really true? I'm finding it hard to believe there isn't some way
around.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ivy Ivy is offline

Thanks Duke. I gave up and recreated the spreadsheets in Excel. Probably
much less cumbersome than resolving the problem!