Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel not converting to csv properly

Hi all,
I am having trouble trying to import an excel (.xls) into my
addresses book in both windows xp outlook express and windows vista
mail.
As there seems to be no option to import the excel directly into the
address book I tried to save the excel as a .csv as there seems to be
this option. It is not working properly. I am thinking maybe I have
format the columns or something.
I attach the excel file here on this link http://tinyurl.com/5qpooz
where I have left only a couple of changed contacts to see if anyone
can please help to find out what is going on and what I need to do to
change it so I can save it as a .csv or whatever it needs. The actual
file has about 700(!) contacts on it. It was exported from an outlook
in another computer. I can't seem to sort it out and would be very
greatful if someone could please give me a hand, Thank-you in
advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"It is not working properly" is not much of a problem description. What is
wrong with your CSV file? Have you looked at the CSV with Notepad or
something similar? [Remember that if you open a CSV with Excel, Excel will
probably misinterpret the contents unless you force it to treat the columns
as text.]
--
David Biddulph

"wicksey" wrote in message
[...]

[...]