Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort on opening a file

Does anybody know any way that I can get excel to sort data automatically
upon opening a file. I have a file that I use to keep track of my work where
I set 'next action dates' for each section. I would like to be able to get
Excel to automatically sort these so that each time I open the file the
earliest next action dates appear at the top, without having to sort them
manually each time.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Record a macro when you select the worksheet
select the range to sort
and do your sort.

Now rename that macro Auto_Open

Excel will run this macro each time you open the file (if you allow macros to
run).

If you need help tweaking your code, post back with your recorded code and
describe what you want done.

--

Dave Peterson