Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default XL Runtime error '429' -- help please

I had XL running fine on my computer. But after trying to install and
sometimes uninstall some new software, I have encountered the following error
after I open my XL from MS Office XP. BTW, I am running WIN XP on a Dell
Optiplex GX 620:

Runtime error '429'
Activex component can't create object

I looked up a bunch of posts on other discussion sites regarding the same
error, and tried their recommendations but in vain. The error window still
comes up when I open XL. Next, I tried to install and uninstall MS Office XP,
then I installed MS Office 97 in its place and uninstalled it, reinstalled MS
Office XP and the error still occurs. Would appreciate your help and thanks.
--
XL Baby