John Lavigne

Default Selectively removing gridlines in excel

I would like to be able to format my Excel spreadsheets so that the gridlines
only appear in the data area of the spreadsheet but not in the title or
column heading area. Is it possible to remove grid lines selectively or must
the either be on or off? The only thing that I've found so far that works is
to select the area and format itusing a fill colour.
Peo Sjoblom

On or off, but you can use a white fill colour where you don't want them to
be seen
Or you could remove them and use borders to make it look like you have them,
I would definitely use the first method

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"John Lavigne" wrote:

I would like to be able to format my Excel spreadsheets so that the gridlines
only appear in the data area of the spreadsheet but not in the title or
column heading area. Is it possible to remove grid lines selectively or must
the either be on or off? The only thing that I've found so far that works is
to select the area and format itusing a fill colour.

Dave Peterson

And I would use the second suggestion.

I always turn off gridlines. I apply borders to what I want.

In fact, I've used:
tools|customize|
to create a new toolbar
and dragged lots of the border icons
(from tools|customize|commands tab|format category)
to that toolbar.

I find it easier to use one style, but with borders, you have the choice of
thickness and color, too.

(not trying to be too disagreeable)

--

Dave Peterson