Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Workbooks

How do I link workbooks or sheets within a workbook so that any information
that is altered in one sheet will automatically be updated in the linked
sheet? And, how many workbooks can be linked together - is there a maximum?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Type = and select the cell in the wookbook and worksheet that you want and a
link will be created. There is no limit how how many workbooks you can link
together. That being said linked workbooks are problematic. If you move a
workbook that is a target of a link then you break the link. Additionally if
you change a workbook that is the target of a link then you also effectively
change the link. It is extremely difficult to maintain externally linked
workbook. I personally never link workbook. Too many chances for things to go
wrong and far to difficult to fix them when they do. Note that I did not say
if they go wrong but when they go wrong, because I promise you they will go
wrong...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson