Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count matches within two columns

On sheet 2....I have a lookup name in cell A1, and a lookup time
(hour) in B1.

On sheet 1, I have a list of names in A:A, and a list of (hours) in
C:C.

How do I count the number of matches between the two?

AMY 12
AMY 15
BRUCE 12
BRUCE 22
AMY 12
AMY 12
AMY 12
BRUCE 33
AMY 23

So the formula would look up how many AMY are in the same row as 12
which equals 4.

Thanx