Anne B

Default How do I convert a csv file to an Excel file?

Hi-

My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily
convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do
this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Anne

Barb R.

In Excel

File - Open
Change "Files of Type" to ALL Files

You should be able to see your CSV file.

"Anne B" wrote:

Hi-

My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily
convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do
this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Anne

Joshua Fandango

Hi Anne,

As far as I can tell from your post all you should need to do is to
open the .csv file in Excel and then save it as an Excel file (.xls).

If you are wondering why you can't see the file when opening from
Excel you need to change the types of files displayed in the 'Files of
type' list box on the Open dialog box from 'All Microsoft Excel Files'
to 'All Files'.

Regards,
JF.