Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating graphs from data in other files

I have a small problem times 100.

I need to make a report pulling together data from six other .xls files. I
am looking for a way to prepare tables and graphs which link to external
files. Then in theory if I was to change the file - the report would remain
the same, the figures would update.

I am hoping I can make the links relative (same folder), so I can then use
the same named files in other folders, and simpluy drop the report in - and
things just magically work! Is this possible? Can you suggest a way of
looking up these tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Inset a new sheet into your main file, name it chart data and organize your
data there. You can link to the data from the 6 other sheets you mentioned
and use the data to build your chart.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips