Pank Mehta

Default How to stop getting the file save box when running a macro

I am running a macro that take a few minutes. Half way through I get a box
saving do you want to save the file whith the normal 'Skip, Cancel' options.

How can I stop getting this whilst the macro is running?

Thanks
Jim Rech

It sounds as if Autosave is kicking in. You would need to turn it off while
your code is running. Here are some routines I wrote a long time ago for
that purpose. I hope they work with your Excel version these days but,
fwiw...

Sub DisableAutosave()
ToggleAutoSave False
End Sub

Sub EnableAutosave()
ToggleAutoSave True
End Sub

Sub ToggleAutoSave(Setting As Boolean)
Workbooks("autosave.xla").Excel4IntlMacroSheets("L oc Table") _
.Range("ud01n.Do_Save").Value = Setting
Run "autosave.xla!mcs05.ClearOnTime"
Run "autosave.xla!mcs03.SetOnTime"
Run "autosave.xla!mcs01.CheckCommand"