Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I am unable to unhide rows through the format menu.

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a range including the rows in question (select the whole sheet, if in
doubt), and use Format/ Row/ Height to ensure that you don't have a zero or
small height set.
--
David Biddulph

"Pistol" wrote in message
I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to
unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If the sheet isn't protected select everything by clicking the box in the
upper left corner at the intersection of the row and column headings then
click
Format|Row|Unhide

If that doesn't work check if the rows are hidden with a Filter. If they are
you can't simply unhide then you must remove the filter.

Mike

"Pistol" wrote:

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe the sheet is filtered with the filter arrows set to not show?

Maybe the hidden rows are ust set to a very low height?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:33:01 -0700, Pistol
wrote:

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

I tried your suggestions, but I am still not able to unhide my Row 1. I'm
unsure of the filtering. As far as I can tell this row is not filtered. Any
other suggestions?

"Pistol" wrote:

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe the row is off the visible screen.

Window|unfreeze panes (xl2003 menus)
and then scroll up

"Pistol" wrote:

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I did have everything below Row 6 frozen. I
unfroze the sheet and then went to Format Row Unhide and my Row 1 showed up.
Any suggestions as to why freezing panes would cause this situation?

"Pistol" wrote:

I have tried unhiding rows and my worksheet is not protected and the panes
are not frozen. I have also tried selecting the entire worksheet to unhide,
but I wasn't able to see all of my hidden rows.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you freeze the screen so that row 2 is visible and row 1 is off the screen
(hidden or visible), you won't be able to scroll up to see row 1.

As soon as you unfreeze the panes, you could scroll up to see if row 1 was
visible. If it isn't, you can use the other techniques to show that row.