Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default troubles posting a message.

I don't know what could have changed but I can't post a message or a reply
from my computer on this board or the other discussion boards. I was able to
post a message 2 weeks ago and now I'm not able to. I borrowed another
computer at work to post this. I'm running internet explorer 7.0 and windows
Vista business addition. When I click on new question I don't get a new
window to pop up even if I have it turned off or to allow. Any ideas what
could have changed on my computer or internet explorer?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 18, 2:16 pm, bduncan wrote:
When I click on new question I don't get a new
window to pop up even if I have it turned off or to allow.

I am using IE6 with Win XP SP2, so YMMV.

I infer from your description that you are using IE to go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups, aka MS Discussion
Groups, one way or another.

When I have the problem that you describe, it is because I have
disabled pop-ups. As you describe, it still does not work even when I
set the banner-line option to temporarily allow pop-ups.

The only thing that has worked for me is to "always allow" pop-ups
from www.microsoft.com. This option was presented to me by a pop-
up(!), as I recall. Alternatively, in IE6, I could go to Tools Pop-
up Blocker Pop-up Blocker Settings and enter the website.

If you try Tools Pop-up Blocker Turn Off Pop-up Blocker to no
avail, I can guess at two possible explanations. Perhaps you need to
close all instances of IE and restart it. I don't know. Or perhaps
you have some other pop-up blocking software, e.g. Norton Internet
Security.

Hope that helps. If not, try posting your question in a more
appropriate newsgroup, one specific to IE or IE7.

----- original posting -----

On Jul 18, 2:16*pm, bduncan wrote:
I don't know what could have changed but I can't post a message or a reply
from my computer on this board or the other discussion boards. *I was able to
post a message 2 weeks ago and now I'm not able to. *I borrowed another
computer at work to post this. *I'm running internet explorer 7.0 and windows
Vista business addition. *When I click on new question I don't get a new
window to pop up even if I have it turned off or to allow. *Any ideas what
could have changed on my computer or internet explorer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I ran into this problem today. I cleared by cookies and everything worked
fine after that. Might have just been coincidental.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips