Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet Question

First, thank you for reading this post and any insight I might receive
following this post.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet where users will input figures on a
monthly basis from a P&L worksheet. I am looking for a way to make it easier
for users to move the figures from the previous month into a new column so
those figures can be compared to the new month.

Currently, users input the new month's information into Column C but I would
like a macro or something for the users to click and it will move that
information in Column C into Column D and clear Column C.

Hope that makes sense?!?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How's this?

Columns("C").Copy Destination:=Columns("D")
Columns("C").ClearContents

--
-SA

"VegasBurger" wrote:

First, thank you for reading this post and any insight I might receive
following this post.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet where users will input figures on a
monthly basis from a P&L worksheet. I am looking for a way to make it easier
for users to move the figures from the previous month into a new column so
those figures can be compared to the new month.

Currently, users input the new month's information into Column C but I would
like a macro or something for the users to click and it will move that
information in Column C into Column D and clear Column C.

Hope that makes sense?!?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

"VegasBurger" wrote:

First, thank you for reading this post and any insight I might receive
following this post.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet where users will input figures on a
monthly basis from a P&L worksheet. I am looking for a way to make it easier
for users to move the figures from the previous month into a new column so
those figures can be compared to the new month.

Currently, users input the new month's information into Column C but I would
like a macro or something for the users to click and it will move that
information in Column C into Column D and clear Column C.

Hope that makes sense?!?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc