Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 17th 08, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 37
Default Comparing and Reconciling 2 excel tables

We regularly receiving inventory update .And it is a huge list.

Question 1 : how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl
table (OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we
could figure out which sku is new in NewInv and was not present in OldInv?

Question 2: how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl table
(OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we could
point out which sku (columns B) inventory turned to zero in quantity
(columns E)?

Can it be done?

Please share your suggestions.

Sincerely,

--
capxc

  #2   Report Post  
Old July 17th 08, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 189
Default Comparing and Reconciling 2 excel tables

Hi,

For eg. the tables are in two separate sheets
1. select the tables and sort them item wise/ sku wise the table will give
sorted data along with the quantity of the sku.
2. Combined both the tables in a single spread sheet such that there is no
column kept empty between the two tables.
for eg.
A B C D
sku qty sku qty

Now go to Data in the menu bar/put auto filters to both the tables
once you put auto tables to both the tables and click on one of the drop
down arrows of sku you will find the item list you can select any one and it
will give you the total of that item or sku.

3. Click on the auto filter dropdown arrow now you will see three options.
All/Top ten/Custom
click on Custom it will give you formula option take equal to and type sku
item in the other box and say ok. It will return you the total quantity of
that sku in that table. By this way you will come to know the total quantity
of 'X' item in new table as well as in old table.

Items/ sku that are missing in the old table can be assumed to have '0'
quantity. this way you can automatically sort and reconcile both the tables.

Try and let us know

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade


"capxc" wrote:

We regularly receiving inventory update .And it is a huge list.

Question 1 : how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl
table (OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we
could figure out which sku is new in NewInv and was not present in OldInv?

Question 2: how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl table
(OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we could
point out which sku (columns B) inventory turned to zero in quantity
(columns E)?

Can it be done?

Please share your suggestions.

Sincerely,

--
capxc

  #3   Report Post  
Old July 17th 08, 08:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 189
Default Comparing and Reconciling 2 excel tables

Hi,

One more way of doing this is
A. select the tables and sort them item wise/ sku wise the table will give
sorted data along with the quantity of the sku.
B.Let both the tables be in separate sheets.
C. Select the tables go to Data/Subtotals.
Then Select 1. At each change in item
2.Use function 'Sum'
3.Then click on Add subtotal to qty.
Remember to uncheck replace current subtotals.

This way you can get the quantity as well as the items sorted with totals on
each item. Table wise.

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade


"Suleman Peerzade" wrote:

Hi,

For eg. the tables are in two separate sheets
1. select the tables and sort them item wise/ sku wise the table will give
sorted data along with the quantity of the sku.
2. Combined both the tables in a single spread sheet such that there is no
column kept empty between the two tables.
for eg.
A B C D
sku qty sku qty

Now go to Data in the menu bar/put auto filters to both the tables
once you put auto tables to both the tables and click on one of the drop
down arrows of sku you will find the item list you can select any one and it
will give you the total of that item or sku.

3. Click on the auto filter dropdown arrow now you will see three options.
All/Top ten/Custom
click on Custom it will give you formula option take equal to and type sku
item in the other box and say ok. It will return you the total quantity of
that sku in that table. By this way you will come to know the total quantity
of 'X' item in new table as well as in old table.

Items/ sku that are missing in the old table can be assumed to have '0'
quantity. this way you can automatically sort and reconcile both the tables.

Try and let us know

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade


"capxc" wrote:

We regularly receiving inventory update .And it is a huge list.

Question 1 : how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl
table (OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we
could figure out which sku is new in NewInv and was not present in OldInv?

Question 2: how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl table
(OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we could
point out which sku (columns B) inventory turned to zero in quantity
(columns E)?

Can it be done?

Please share your suggestions.

Sincerely,

--
capxc

  #4   Report Post  
Old July 17th 08, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 37
Default Comparing and Reconciling 2 excel tables

Hi Suleman,
we will try both formulas sometime today and will let you know how it worked.
Sincerely,
--
capxc


"Suleman Peerzade" wrote:

Hi,

One more way of doing this is
A. select the tables and sort them item wise/ sku wise the table will give
sorted data along with the quantity of the sku.
B.Let both the tables be in separate sheets.
C. Select the tables go to Data/Subtotals.
Then Select 1. At each change in item
2.Use function 'Sum'
3.Then click on Add subtotal to qty.
Remember to uncheck replace current subtotals.

This way you can get the quantity as well as the items sorted with totals on
each item. Table wise.

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade


"Suleman Peerzade" wrote:

Hi,

For eg. the tables are in two separate sheets
1. select the tables and sort them item wise/ sku wise the table will give
sorted data along with the quantity of the sku.
2. Combined both the tables in a single spread sheet such that there is no
column kept empty between the two tables.
for eg.
A B C D
sku qty sku qty

Now go to Data in the menu bar/put auto filters to both the tables
once you put auto tables to both the tables and click on one of the drop
down arrows of sku you will find the item list you can select any one and it
will give you the total of that item or sku.

3. Click on the auto filter dropdown arrow now you will see three options.
All/Top ten/Custom
click on Custom it will give you formula option take equal to and type sku
item in the other box and say ok. It will return you the total quantity of
that sku in that table. By this way you will come to know the total quantity
of 'X' item in new table as well as in old table.

Items/ sku that are missing in the old table can be assumed to have '0'
quantity. this way you can automatically sort and reconcile both the tables.

Try and let us know

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade


"capxc" wrote:

We regularly receiving inventory update .And it is a huge list.

Question 1 : how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl
table (OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we
could figure out which sku is new in NewInv and was not present in OldInv?

Question 2: how do we compare and reconcile the previous inventory xcl table
(OldInv)) with the new inventory update xcl table(NewInv) so that we could
point out which sku (columns B) inventory turned to zero in quantity
(columns E)?

Can it be done?

Please share your suggestions.

Sincerely,

--
capxc



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comparing tables in access pm Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 5th 07 11:56 PM
Comparing 2 Tables Carl Excel Worksheet Functions 6 July 7th 06 02:36 AM
Comparing two tables Peter Steiner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 December 23rd 05 11:11 AM
Comparing tables in excel with formulas TotallyConfused Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 18th 05 04:10 AM
Comparing data in tables Gerrym Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 3rd 05 09:07 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017