Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AB AB is offline

Default Standard formatting not being applied to negative percents

I have conditional formatting being applied as follows:
Conditon 1 - IF(ISERROR(BE97/R97),0,BE97/R97) is < or equal -9.5%
Condition 2 - IF(ISERROR(BE97/R97),0,BE97/R97) is or equal 9.5%

where if the conditions are met, it applies a bold italic font and blue
shading to the cell.

This conditional formatting is being applied to cells that already have a
custom format of:
0.0%_);[Red](0.0%);-_)

I also have borders in my file to separate portions of information, some
with double lines under the percentages, etc.

My problem is this - Those percentage values meeting the condition " or
equal to 9.5%" return the conditional formatting and the standard borders,
lines, etc. I had already built into the file and is what I want.

However, those percentage values meeting the condition "< or equal to -9.5%
(in other words, those that are negative percentages) will not return any of
the standard fomatting already incorporated to the file, although the
conditional formatting is returned.

Why is both the standard and conditional formatting working correctly and as
I want it to for the positive percentage amounts but not working for the
negative percentage amounts?

I copied the format from the positive percentage amounts as well as checked
the Format -- Cells option and tried to manually add the border, double
lines, etc. needed on the negative percents, but the formatting will not
change on these values.

Any insights?