Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing Text

Can I set up excel to import all my data as text columns instead of
general columns? The wizard almost always changes some of my data and
I would prefer to automate this process.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're really automating the process, record a macro when you specify each
field as text.

If you just want to make it a little quicker when you do it manually...
Select the first field (on step 3 in the xl2003 wizard)
then shift click on the last field
All the fields will be selected and you can specify text for all of them.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Third step of Wizard select the columns and Column Data FormatText

You could record a macro to do this.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:06:37 -0700 (PDT), Snailspace
wrote:

Can I set up excel to import all my data as text columns instead of
general columns? The wizard almost always changes some of my data and
I would prefer to automate this process.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Dave and Gord!