Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlight a row yellow if a cell contains TRUE

How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell = TRUE.

Kind Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say we are dealing with row 1 and the cell in question is A1.

Format Conditinal Formatting... Formula is =$A$1=true
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"Mally" wrote:

How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell = TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the row number at the left before doing your conditional format

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell =
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

This will change the cell to yellow but i need to be able to change the
WHOLE row to yellow.

Kind Regards

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell =
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the entire row when you apply the conditional formatting.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell =
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again.

I've tried selecting the whole row, even the whole sheet but it still only
highlights the individual cells and not the whole row.

Sorry to be a pest

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell =
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK you never said WHICH cell so I will assume you want to color row 3 if
cell b3 =3
1. Select the row number at the left
2. formatconditional formatFORMULA is=$b$3=3format as desired.
TESTED

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell =
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may have missed the earlier reply from Gary's Student:
Format Conditional Formatting... Formula is =$A$1=true

You need to use "Formula Is", not "Cell Value Is".
If you want to copy the formatting from row to row, but apply the format to
all columns, you may need:
Format Conditional Formatting... Formula is =A$1=true
(with A1 being the active cell when you apply the CF)
--
David Biddulph

"Mally" wrote in message
How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell
=
TRUE.

Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Me again

So how do I do this to select more than one row at a time

e.g.

If rows A1, A4, A5, A10 etc. all contrain TRUE