Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Description in custom macros

Description text in Macros
Windows help files show you how to add a description in custom Macros.
I have tried to follow this but with only one success, and I haven't been
able to reproduce it or edit the description.

There appears to be a step missing. Has anyone tried to add a description to
their macros or functions or edit the descriptions and succeeded?

I know that you can add the description when you are recording the macro,
successfully but I cant subsequently edit it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I understand but if you add a description to your
macro prior to recording then it appears as commented text at the start of
the macro. It can be edited anytime by opening VB editor (Alt +F11) anf
navigating to the macro.

You can add new lines of text by preceding that line with a ' or the keyword
Rem and those comments can be anywhere in the code.

Mike

"Normek" wrote:

Description text in Macros
Windows help files show you how to add a description in custom Macros.
I have tried to follow this but with only one success, and I haven't been
able to reproduce it or edit the description.

There appears to be a step missing. Has anyone tried to add a description to
their macros or functions or edit the descriptions and succeeded?

I know that you can add the description when you are recording the macro,
successfully but I cant subsequently edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add a brief description(not arguments) if you open the VBEditor and
ViewObject Browser.

Find your UDF and right-click and you can add a comment there.

This comment will be shown in the Function Wizard when you click on your
UDF.

--
HTH

Bob

"Normek" wrote in message
Description text in Macros
Windows help files show you how to add a description in custom Macros.
I have tried to follow this but with only one success, and I haven't been
able to reproduce it or edit the description.

There appears to be a step missing. Has anyone tried to add a description
their macros or functions or edit the descriptions and succeeded?

I know that you can add the description when you are recording the macro,
successfully but I can't subsequently edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You, I have already tried both these posts. I cannot get them to work
in Excel 2007 or Excel 2003 however I have found that they will work in Excel
97 of which fortunately I still have a copy. Can you get your suggestions to
work in Excel
2007?

"Normek" wrote in message
Description text in Macros
Windows help files show you how to add a description in custom Macros.
I have tried to follow this but with only one success, and I haven't been
able to reproduce it or edit the description.

There appears to be a step missing. Has anyone tried to add a description
their macros or functions or edit the descriptions and succeeded?

I know that you can add the description when you are recording the macro,
successfully but I can't subsequently edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi All.
I've solved my problem. Following Bob Phillips post, I selected, not
"Properties" but "References" and then Selected "VBAProject". Now Excel 2007
works and I can successfully add my descriptions which I use as instant help
files.
Thanks.