Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lotus Conversion

What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Lotus file has a ".123" extension.

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would think that opening them in Lotus 123 and saving as a .xls file would be
the simplest.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
microsoft, in it's monolithic glory, has decided that it no longer need to
support lotus. and xl never did support .123 files - only wk4 and older.
so you will have to find someone how has lotus and save the file as an .xls.
i learned from dave peterson that dataviz offers a conversion prpgram but i
think they want money.
http://www.dataviz.com/

regards
FSt1

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure that they support the .123 files, though.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=14034

(Maybe they do, but haven't updated their documentation????)

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

they support the millennium edition. that is .123. i had to have 2 license
for that.
one for home and one for work. don't use it much anymore, just for
formating. formating in lotus is WWWAAAaaay easier than excel. the format
dialog has no ok button and is modaless meaning you just click your way
through and it changes on the sheet as you click the dialog. nice.
but looks like i wont be able to do that with 2007. bummer.
regards
FSt1

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mary Fetsch wrote:
What's the best way to convert a Lotus version 9.8 (I think) file to Excel
2007?

Agree, but if the 123 program isn't available, you can open a .123 file
in OpenOffice.Org's Calc program, then save it as .xls and open that in
Excel 2007.

Bill