Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Losing lines when pasting charts to Excel

I have created pie charts in Excel 2007. Most of them have thin slices that
require a line that points from the label to the correct slice. When I paste
these charts into Powerpoint 2007, I lose the label lines. Therefore, I have
labels floating in space and it's hard to tell what they're describing. I've
tried all the paste special options in Powerpoint and I still can't keep the
label lines. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have very many pie segments, or some are so small that it's hard to
keep track of where labels should go, perhaps the pie chart is not the best
choice. Instead, try a horizontal bar chart. The labels will line up along
the vertical axis, and the bars will extend to the right. No bars or labels
will obscure any others.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"mrobles" wrote in message
I have created pie charts in Excel 2007. Most of them have thin slices that
require a line that points from the label to the correct slice. When I
paste
these charts into Powerpoint 2007, I lose the label lines. Therefore, I
have
labels floating in space and it's hard to tell what they're describing.
I've
tried all the paste special options in Powerpoint and I still can't keep
the
label lines. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I appreciate the answer. But this seems like a bug to me. Even on charts
where I only needed 2 label lines, PowerPoint couldn't bring them over. Maybe
in the next version.

"mrobles" wrote in message
I have created pie charts in Excel 2007. Most of them have thin slices that
require a line that points from the label to the correct slice. When I
paste
these charts into Powerpoint 2007, I lose the label lines. Therefore, I
have
labels floating in space and it's hard to tell what they're describing.
I've
tried all the paste special options in Powerpoint and I still can't keep
the
label lines. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It worked in the version prior to 2007; 2007 has issues with charts and with
graphic displays. So it's likely a bug in 2007.

However, using an appropriate chart type will prevent the need to use
workarounds (leader lines) to label points.

- Jon
-------