Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I open up a Lotus 123 spreadsheet in Excel 2007?

What can I do to get a .wk3 worksheet to open up in Excel 2007? I've been
given a bunch of files that were created in Lotus before the office switched
to Microsoft Office and I need to convert the files over. I don't have a
copy of Lotus 1-2-3 so I can't open them up and save them as .xls files.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In all it's monopolistic glory MS decided it doesn't need to be
compatible with previous spreadsheet programs although once it even copied
Lotus down to their date bug to be compatible when Lotus was the dominant
force in spreadsheet programs.
If you can find someone that uses a previous version of Excel you can open
the files there and save as xls, then open them in 2007. I believe the free
OpenOffice can open
Lotus 123 and then save them as xls.

Peo Sjoblom