Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting formulas to values

I have this part # in a Word table:
-TK85-AX
I try to copy it to an Excel file but I get a #NAME? error and on the fomula
bar appears like =-TK85-AX

What should I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's just one cell, you can format the cell as text (in Excel) and paste into
the formula bar.

If it's multiple cells, maybe you could format the cells as text and paste
special|text. I didn't test this.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Usually helps if you pre-format the cells in Excel to Text format before the
paste.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP