Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop error checking a cell that has been formatted to text

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way, without turning off error checking
completely, to tell Excel not to error check a cell that has been formatted
as text?

I have a column that has been formatted as text, but whenever I type a
number in the cell, the green triangle appears in the corner of the cell, and
a smart tag appears allowing me to ignore the error.

I know i can just ignore the green triangle and continue on, and I know I
can choose the option to ignore the error to get rid of the triangle.

However, isn't there a way to just format the column as text and not have to
worry about the error notification showing up?

Thanks for any suggestions!