Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Greater and less than

I've typed in this formula to count the number of items that are within the
range that is more than 30 but less than 61 looking at one column with
different values,
=COUNTIF(N2:N8000,"<3161")
I've done one for less than 31 and it works but can't add the second
criteria. It should return a value of 98 but I keep getting 0.

Where am I going wrong?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could just count all those greater than 30 and then subtract the number
greater than or equal to 61. What's left are those in the range (30,61)
=countif(n2:n8000,"30")-countif(n2:n8000,"=61")

"SUMSUE" wrote:

I've typed in this formula to count the number of items that are within the
range that is more than 30 but less than 61 looking at one column with
different values,
=COUNTIF(N2:N8000,"<3161")
I've done one for less than 31 and it works but can't add the second
criteria. It should return a value of 98 but I keep getting 0.

Where am I going wrong?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use SUMPRODUCT:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(N2:N8000<31),--(N2:N800061))

Does that help?
Regards,
Paul