Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Data Analysis Tool Pak

Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers? Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?UGVnZ3k=?= wrote:
Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers? Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

Excel is not a statistics package - and neither should it try to be. It
provides a few simple stats functions for data exploration kinds of things.
If you need serious stats, use a stats program :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bruce Sinclair" wrote:

In article , ?B?UGVnZ3k=?= wrote:
Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers? Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

Excel is not a statistics package - and neither should it try to be. It
provides a few simple stats functions for data exploration kinds of things.
If you need serious stats, use a stats program :)

I don't consider one or two mean separation tests something that requires an involved stats program. Most stats programs are much more in depth that most people need. The stats package in Excel would be perfect for most analysis if it included a mean separation. As it stands the ANOVA analysis is worthless without it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?UGVnZ3k=?= wrote:
"Bruce Sinclair" wrote:

In article ,

?B?UGVnZ3k=?= wrote:
Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers?

Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

Excel is not a statistics package - and neither should it try to be. It
provides a few simple stats functions for data exploration kinds of things.
If you need serious stats, use a stats program :)

I don't consider one or two mean separation tests something that requires an

involved stats program. Most stats programs are much more in depth that most
people need. The stats package in Excel would be perfect for most analysis if
it included a mean separation. As it stands the ANOVA analysis is worthless
without it.

That's your opinion, which is fine. Problem is, everyone has their own list
of things that they think are essential. Once you add all those together,
you have SAS, minitab, statistica, genstat or something similar ... not
excel. Excel should stick to what it's good at. :)

Agree that most stats programs have many more features and functions than
most people will ever use - but I also find that with excel. Last thing I
personally need is even more unused functions. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All,
How do I install the Analysis Toolkit??? I have followed the instructions
and it doesn't seem to install???

Many thanks,
clc.

"Peggy" wrote:

Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers? Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it wasn't included in your initial Office installation
then you will need to have the original disc and then
you can install it from there.

HTH
Martin

"Peggy" wrote:

Why do you not include a Mean Separation Test, like Duncans or Fishers?
Your
analysis is incomplete if after I perform an ANOVA I can't do a mean
seperation to find out where my differences lie.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.