-   -   Display contents of associated cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193888-display-contents-associated-cells.html)

Don

Display contents of associated cells

Hi,

If I have a rule in (say) cell B2 to deliver a a specific piece of
information, how would I consider composing an alternate rule that displays
the content of another cell aligned with it eg if(ruleB2=TRUE) then display
contents of C2 ...

Does that make sense ;(

Don-

edvwvw via OfficeKB.com

Display contents of associated cells

If ( rule B2 = True,C2,"something else")

Don wrote:
Hi,

If I have a rule in (say) cell B2 to deliver a a specific piece of
information, how would I consider composing an alternate rule that displays
the content of another cell aligned with it eg if(ruleB2=TRUE) then display
contents of C2 ...

Does that make sense ;(

Don-

Max

Display contents of associated cells

Maybe you meant to do this?
In say, E2: =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(B2,D:D,0))
E2 returns the corresponding value in col C where B2 is first found in col D
--
Max
Singapore
"Don" wrote:
If I have a rule in (say) cell B2 to deliver a a specific piece of
information, how would I consider composing an alternate rule that displays
the content of another cell aligned with it eg if(ruleB2=TRUE) then display
contents of C2 ...

Does that make sense ;(

Don-

David Biddulph[_2_]

Display contents of associated cells

=IF(B2=TRUE,C2,"whatever you want if B2 is FALSE") or merely
=IF(B2,C2,"whatever you want if B2 is FALSE")
--
David Biddulph