Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time Format

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with time in two date time formats

20/06/2008 02:41 PM

&

15:01:00

I have tried to format the first on to hh:mm:ss

But it does not change
How can I get the value to actually be stored as 14:41:00 (i would be happy
for the seconds to be 00)

Many thanks

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
if it will not change then maybe excel as converted it to text.
look in the formula bar for a leading apostrophe. if there then try and
delete it.
if it wont delete, try a different date format before you delete like
06/20/2008 02:41 PM

regards
FSt1
"colin" wrote:

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with time in two date time formats

20/06/2008 02:41 PM

&

15:01:00

I have tried to format the first on to hh:mm:ss

But it does not change
How can I get the value to actually be stored as 14:41:00 (i would be happy
for the seconds to be 00)

Many thanks

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks as if it is text and there is no leading apostrophe

any other suggestions ?

Kind regards

Colin

"colin" wrote:

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with time in two date time formats

20/06/2008 02:41 PM

&

15:01:00

I have tried to format the first on to hh:mm:ss

But it does not change
How can I get the value to actually be stored as 14:41:00 (i would be happy
for the seconds to be 00)

Many thanks

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As an addition if I go into custom format it is formated as follows
[$-F400]h:mm:ss AM/PM

even if this is edited it will not reformat to the desired hh:mm:ss
Rgds

Colin