Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can I copy a number of cells in a column to a single cell ina row

I have between 6 and 10 pieces of data which I wish to copy from the column
they are in, into a single cell (which has been merged to make it larger and
more visible to see) The data which is just a series of numbers or letters
(or a combination of both) do not need to be re-used from this merged cell
Can you help please?

Bev
--
Bev
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a formula like:

=a1&b1&c1&d1&....
or
=a1&" "&b1&" "&c1&" "&d1&...
or
=a1&char(10)&b1&char(10)&...
(to wraptext if the cell is formatted nicely)

If you have to do this for lots of cells, you may want to use this function from
JE McGimpsey:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Bev wrote:

I have between 6 and 10 pieces of data which I wish to copy from the column
they are in, into a single cell (which has been merged to make it larger and
more visible to see) The data which is just a series of numbers or letters
(or a combination of both) do not need to be re-used from this merged cell
Can you help please?

Bev
--
Bev