Aviator

Default Automaticly Highlighting

How do I get cells to automaticly highlight after a specific date?
Jason Morin

Let's assume col. A and any date after 12/24/2004:

1. Select col. A.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" on the drop-down
4. Insert:
=$A1"12/24/04"+0
5. Press the Format button and format as desired
6. Press OK twice

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How do I get cells to automaticly highlight after a

specific date?
.

Frank Kabel

Hi Jason
better to use
=$A1DATE(2004,12,24)
to make sure it will work also outside the US :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jason Morin wrote:
Let's assume col. A and any date after 12/24/2004:

1. Select col. A.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" on the drop-down
4. Insert:
=$A1"12/24/04"+0
5. Press the Format button and format as desired
6. Press OK twice

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How do I get cells to automaticly highlight after a specific date?
.

Jason Morin

Hi Frank
I didn't know there was anything outside the US :-)
Good point. I keep forgetting this is an int'l forum.
Jason

Jason Morin wrote:
Let's assume col. A and any date after 12/24/2004:

1. Select col. A.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" on the drop-down
4. Insert:
=$A1"12/24/04"+0
5. Press the Format button and format as desired
6. Press OK twice

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Frank Kabel

Hi Jason
lol
I know we 'old Europeans' should use the dot as decimal delimter, etc :-)
Just as addition. If you want to use a string value for a date use the ISO
format
YYYY-MM-DD
This (should) works in all Excel versions

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jason Morin wrote:
Let's assume col. A and any date after 12/24/2004:

1. Select col. A.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" on the drop-down
4. Insert:
=$A1"12/24/04"+0
5. Press the Format button and format as desired
6. Press OK twice

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Aviator

Thank you. Unfortunately, this did not work for my application. I am sorry, I
did not explane myself. Come to think about it, I did not give any detail. I
actually have two rows that I am working with. The top row (D21 to AF21) has
the dates. The bottom row (D22 to AF22) is supposed to be fill if the date
from the top row is less than todays date (NOW()). Is there a way to
accomplish this using the conditional formating?

Jason Morin wrote:
Let's assume col. A and any date after 12/24/2004:

1. Select col. A.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is" on the drop-down
4. Insert:
=$A1"12/24/04"+0
5. Press the Format button and format as desired
6. Press OK twice

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How do I get cells to automaticly highlight after a specific date?
.

Frank Kabel

Hi
- select D22:AF22
- goto the conditional format dialog, choose 'Formula is'
- enter the following formula:
=D$21<NOW()
- choose your format

--