Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BG BG is offline

Default Data Combination

I got 2 sheet data, and need to combine on the basic of those numbers
(001..002..003..004....)
example: from data-2 "002 TA" match with data-1 "002" and will auto insert
"TA"to next column(**) of data-1 "002"

DATA-1 DATA-2
002 [**] 001 FA
003 [**] 002 TA
006 [**] 003 RT
008 [**] 004 FW
009 [**] 005 DV
006 AG
007 HE
008 PO
009 HW

too large amount, any macro auto for this?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

In DATA-1,

Assuming* source data in DATA-2 is in cols A and B
eg: "002" in col A, "TA" in col B
In say C1, copied down: =INDEX('DATA-2'!B:B,MATCH(A1,'DATA-2'!A:A,0))
Believe this is an easy n pretty fast option despite the large amount of data

*If source data: "002 TA" is all in col A in DATA-2, just split it into 2
cols using DataText to Columns, delimited (space), with the numeric part
"001" preserved as TEXT (click "Text" under Column data format in step 3 of
the wizard). This split takes only 10 secs to effect.
--
Max
Singapore