Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with a wildcard search

i want to search a cell that has data values such as 2301, 2303, 1101 and
place in another cell a location. all values that end in 01 would be
Gainesville as an example. I just can not remember how to wildcard for the
01 search.
this is what I am have tried:
=IF(B3=??01,"Gainesville","not gainesville")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do it like this:

=IF(RIGHT(B3,2)="01","Gainesville","not gainesville")

Hope this helps.

Pete