Josh O.

Default =format

I am making a spreadsheet to do some calculations for me.
On another worksheet is a list of customers. Some of the customers are
highlighted in blue to indicate that they are currently inactive.

On the new spreadsheet I have cell = the corresponding cells in worksheet 1.
Is there any way to carry over the formatting (highlighted color) as well?
In worksheet 1, the customers are manually Highlighted.
For example: A1 (worksheet 1) is highlighted blue, I want a cell in
worksheet 2 to =A1 and be highlighted in blue.
Frank Kabel

Hi
no this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Josh O. wrote:
I am making a spreadsheet to do some calculations for me.
On another worksheet is a list of customers. Some of the customers
are highlighted in blue to indicate that they are currently inactive.

On the new spreadsheet I have cell = the corresponding cells in
worksheet 1. Is there any way to carry over the formatting
(highlighted color) as well? In worksheet 1, the customers are
manually Highlighted.
For example: A1 (worksheet 1) is highlighted blue, I want a cell in
worksheet 2 to =A1 and be highlighted in blue.

Dave Peterson

How are you highlighting the blue customers?

I think I'd put an extra column in the original (customer) worksheet. Use that
as an indicator for Active/Inactive/whatever you want.

Then use Format|conditional formatting to color that customer (based on this
extra column).

Then in the new workbook, retrieve this indicator value, too. (maybe =B1 or
=vlookup() based on the customer's name.)

But then use format|conditional formatting for this worksheet's cell, too.

And by using that helper column, you'll be able to do lots more stuff
(=countif(), =sumif(), pivottables, etc).