-   -   Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193078-excel-2007-quits-when-trying-change-font-print.html)

jchungmd

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

If I try to click the font size menu button or the print (print preview)
icon, the screen turns white and an error occurs, then the program quits.
This means I can't print my file, unless I open a temporary sheet, cut and
past the data, then print from there. However, if I save the "temporary"
file, close it then reopen it, it gets the same error. Doesn't matter if I
save it a as a compatible file or 2007 file.

anyone else have the same problem or know of a solution? I already
installed Office SP1 and doesn't help.

Thanks.

jchungmd

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

BTW, I also tried reinstall, "repair" option in both the computer's control
panel as well as the original disk. Still doesn't work.

"jchungmd" wrote:

If I try to click the font size menu button or the print (print preview)
icon, the screen turns white and an error occurs, then the program quits.
This means I can't print my file, unless I open a temporary sheet, cut and
past the data, then print from there. However, if I save the "temporary"
file, close it then reopen it, it gets the same error. Doesn't matter if I
save it a as a compatible file or 2007 file.

anyone else have the same problem or know of a solution? I already
installed Office SP1 and doesn't help.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

Since this happens when you're changing font or printing, I'd try changing to a
different printer first.

If that works, maybe it's time to look for an updated printer driver for your
printer.

--

Dave Peterson

jchungmd

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

Thanks, but it's not a printer problem. It's a new printer, and has no
problems printing any other excel sheet, even from this same workbook. It's
just two pages of this particular file that has this problem. I suspect the
file is corrupted. I tried Advanced Excel repair (or something like that)
and it doesn't work either.

Jimmy

jchungmd wrote:

If I try to click the font size menu button or the print (print preview)
icon, the screen turns white and an error occurs, then the program quits.
This means I can't print my file, unless I open a temporary sheet, cut and
past the data, then print from there. However, if I save the "temporary"
file, close it then reopen it, it gets the same error. Doesn't matter if I
save it a as a compatible file or 2007 file.

anyone else have the same problem or know of a solution? I already
installed Office SP1 and doesn't help.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

And when you changed to a different printer, changing the font still failed???

jchungmd wrote:

If I try to click the font size menu button or the print (print preview)
icon, the screen turns white and an error occurs, then the program quits.
This means I can't print my file, unless I open a temporary sheet, cut and
past the data, then print from there. However, if I save the "temporary"
file, close it then reopen it, it gets the same error. Doesn't matter if I
save it a as a compatible file or 2007 file.

anyone else have the same problem or know of a solution? I already
installed Office SP1 and doesn't help.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

jchungmd

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

Thanks for your reply. The problem is NOT that I can't change the font. The
problem is that when I click on certain function buttons, like the font size
button or the print preview icon, the screen turns white, I get an error
message and the file shuts down. If I copy and paste the data onto a new
sheet, I can print, change fonts, etc., without any problems. But if I Save
this new sheet, re-open it, the same problem is somehow inherited. No other
excel file I have has this problem. I have seen other people report this
problem on the Microsoft forum, but no solutions have been offered.

jchungmd wrote:

If I try to click the font size menu button or the print (print preview)
icon, the screen turns white and an error occurs, then the program quits.
This means I can't print my file, unless I open a temporary sheet, cut and
past the data, then print from there. However, if I save the "temporary"
file, close it then reopen it, it gets the same error. Doesn't matter if I
save it a as a compatible file or 2007 file.

anyone else have the same problem or know of a solution? I already
installed Office SP1 and doesn't help.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel 2007 quits when trying to change font or print.

So it still happens when you change printers and then try changing the font?

Maybe the worksheet is corrupted and you should rebuild it.