Rob

Default Open another program sing VBA

Hi all,

I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture that
I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the picture but
I'm having difficulties in writing the macro to execute the MYOB program.

Rob

Rob

Thanks for your quick response, Ed. That certainly works great, but I also
want a little bit of control over this procedure, eg if the program is
already open then I don't want the hyperlink to work. And also another
example, where I want to have the option to proceed with the hyperlink or
not depenfding on certain circumstances.
In other words I would rather use VBA to go to open another program so that
I can have control over when that program might be opened.

Can you help with that?

Rob

"Rob" <NA wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture
that I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the
picture but I'm having difficulties in writing the macro to execute the
MYOB program.

Rob

Rob

As per my first posting, I'm trying to open a program called MYOB (an
accounting program), not another workbook. (It's not a microsoft pgm.)
Basically put...
I need some code that will start up that MYOB program and the related file.
The reason I want this as code is that a hyperlink can open up more than one
instance of a program which I want to prevent and, I also want to do some
other stuff before the code executes the opening of the MYOB program.
The full path to the MYOB program file is:
K:\0000\MYOB\Data\xxx.prm

(I've looked through help, etc., but cannot seem to locate any instruction
on how to open a program other than a microsoft program.)

Rob