Leon Meyers

Default header margin

Header margins in my spreadsheet don't correspond to the margin in the
spreadsheet itself. How to change?
Gord Dibben

Leon

Header/Footer margins are fixed at approx. 3/4 inch.

There is no way to change this setting.

Work-around is to "pad" the headers and footers with spaces.

You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:09:02 -0800, "Leon Meyers" <Leon
wrote:

Header margins in my spreadsheet don't correspond to the margin in the
spreadsheet itself. How to change?

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Meyers View Post
Header margins in my spreadsheet don't correspond to the margin in the
spreadsheet itself. How to change?
Header and footer margins are pre determined but here's a little work-around that I used with good results. Add a couple of rows at the top of the document. This will sacrifice a couple of rows at the bottom but you can gain that back since you will now be eliminating the header all together. Highlight the row and increase the height to accomodate the size of the header you are inserting. Pick your font and size and roughly guess where to start the header so that it will be centered. It will take a couple of tries jumping back and forth to the print preview, but you can tweak it so it comes out near perfect. Hope this helps.