Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date in mail merge

Hi friends,

I use mail merge facility extensively. The common problem I find is that the
date format from excel appears as numbers in the mail merged document and not
as a date.

Why does this happen?
Pl help
regards
krishna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"ddmmyy")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore <vbg.)

--

Dave Peterson