Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HowTo: Baseball Calculator?

In an effort to improve my skills with Excel, and possibly learn VBA, I'd
like to design a baseball statistics calculator for my softball team.

I'd like it to take as input, batting statistics for the lineup entered for
each game. The lineup varies with each game. After each game is played,
composite statistics are computed for each player, including things like
batting average, slugging, hits, etc.

I have Excel 2007 and I'd consider myself an intermediate user. I already
have a basic template for single game/sheet, but I'd like this calculator to
automatically update the composite statistics each time a game is entered.
Considering the lineup changes with each game, it seems a bit more
challenging, since the player names need to be used to an identifier to
compute the composite score. What steps/knowledge is necessary to proceed?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JNW JNW is offline

I hate to say it, but this is a problem for Access. Excel is great and all,
but if you're looking to do Database work, the Access is the way to go.