Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to nest in excel

can anyone one help me work this out? i have six possible scenarios and not
sure what formula to use. I have a base of 125000 (b20) and six possible
outcomes, first is between a and b (b16). a will equal 90% and b will equal
80% of the 125,000. i then have three other outcomes to go with this.
1,2,3(b17). option 1 will not change anything, option 2 will add a further
20000 to the answer and option 3 will add 40000 to the answer. i can't seem
to get this into one formula, i either get an incorrect or too many
arguments. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=B20*IF(B16="a",90%,80%)+CHOOSE(B17,0,20000,40000)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"thebird" wrote in message ...
| can anyone one help me work this out? i have six possible scenarios and not
| sure what formula to use. I have a base of 125000 (b20) and six possible
| outcomes, first is between a and b (b16). a will equal 90% and b will equal
| 80% of the 125,000. i then have three other outcomes to go with this.
| 1,2,3(b17). option 1 will not change anything, option 2 will add a further
| 20000 to the answer and option 3 will add 40000 to the answer. i can't seem
| to get this into one formula, i either get an incorrect or too many
| arguments. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks. that worked a treat and was so much easier than the formula I was
trying to input, you have saved me from hours of trying to work out what I
was doing wrong.