MinhPhan

Default Creating Calculations Within a Field

Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop - Stand. I
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

JulieD

Hi

assume your example is in cells A1:B4
the formula you're looking for is B4-B2

Cheers
JulieD

"MinhPhan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop - Stand. I
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

JulieD

Hi

you can add calculated fields to pivot tables, on the pivot table toolbar,
click on the pivot table icon and choose formula ... see how you go.

Cheers
JulieD

"MinhPhan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop - Stand.
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

MinhPhan

I could see how I would calculate between various fields, but I could not set
up a calculation within the field itself. Did I overlook something?

I am also trying to group the values, but it does not allow for subtraction
(only summing).

"MinhPhan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop - Stand.
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

JulieD

Hi

can you post a 5 line example of the data that the pivot table is based on
please don't attach a workbook just type it out the format
.......A........B.............C..............D
1....data...data........data..........data

thanks - as i'ld like to try out a few ideas

Cheers
JulieD

"MinhPhan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop -
Stand.
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

MinhPhan

Here is an example of the data:
Name Activity Time
Jason Walking 0:30:00
Jason Running 0:15:00
Jason Dumbels 0:18:00
Jason Bench 0:13:00
Mark Walking 0:30:00
Mark Running 0:15:00
Mark Dumbels 0:18:00
Mark Bench 0:13:00

In the pivot table, I would like to add a new activity and it is Walking
minus Running. The pivot table will then be:

Activity Total
Bench 0:26:00
Dumbels 0:36:00
Running 0:30:00
Walking 1:00:00
Walking - Running 0:30:00

Thanks for looking into this!

"MinhPhan" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to
calculate the time values between these activities.

For example:
Activity (Field) Time (Avg)
Stand 12:00
Run 13:00
Stop 13:30

I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop -
Stand.
greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Minh

JulieD

Hi

i was able to achieve this:
1) click on "bench" in the pivot table
2) choose pivot table (icon on the toolbar)
3) choose formulas
4) choose CALCULATED ITEM
5) called it WR
6) typed the formula
= Walking - Running

and clicked on OK

Cheers
JulieD
PS i'm using Ver 2003 not sure when this option was made available (never
done it before)