-   -   macro than refers to a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/191783-macro-than-refers-cell.html)

jackrobyn1

macro than refers to a cell?

At the moment i have a macro that runs when I click a picture in my worksheet
(worksheet1) this macro opens another workbook called phone book. What I
would like is for a cell in worksheet2 to tell the macro which file to open
by the file adress it contains.
To sum it up if A1 (worksheet2) = C:\Documents and
Settings\Keith\Desktop\daily reports\ important files\ phonebook
then the macro looks in the stated file and opens the workbook "phonebook"
if I change the location of phonebook i want to be able to put it new
location in A1 (worksheet2) and the macro then automatically looks there. is
this possible?
if not how else could it be done?

Don Guillett

macro than refers to a cell?