joe smith

Default data val. and combo box

I have sheet1 that has both data validation and a combo box on it and sheet2
has the data on it, however when I make a copy in the same wokbook of sheet1,
non of the sheet2 data gets pulled over to the new sheet3. Is it possible to
do this? If so, what am I missing?
JulieD

hi Joe

i must be misunderstanding your question
i set up a list of animals in sheet 2 range a1:a5
and gave it the range name "animals"
then on sheet 1 i set up data / validation - list - with the source of
animals
then i chose a dog from the drop down list
then i copied this sheet using two methods
- holding down control and dragging the sheet to the right
- selecting all the cells, copying them and pasting them onto a new sheet

either way, my drop down list came along with its values ...

what are you doing differently

Cheers
JulieD