BulaMan

Default Day of the week

I was able using several worksheet functions and cells to convert the day of
the week function returning the 1-7 intergers to what is needed Mo, Tu, We,
etc.
I was not able to combine all into one formula for one cell and have it
work. Is there a way to do this. Given a Date - Have it return the text
version of day of the week. BULAMAN
Harald Staff

Hi

For Mo:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")
for Monday:
=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"BulaMan" skrev i melding
I was able using several worksheet functions and cells to convert the day

of
the week function returning the 1-7 intergers to what is needed Mo, Tu,

We,
etc.
I was not able to combine all into one formula for one cell and have it
work. Is there a way to do this. Given a Date - Have it return the text
version of day of the week. BULAMAN

Frank Kabel

Hi
just use the custom format
DDD

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

BulaMan wrote:
I was able using several worksheet functions and cells to convert the
day of the week function returning the 1-7 intergers to what is
needed Mo, Tu, We, etc.
I was not able to combine all into one formula for one cell and have
it work. Is there a way to do this. Given a Date - Have it return the
text version of day of the week. BULAMAN

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:14:54 +0100, "Harald Staff"
wrote:

For Mo:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

Actually:

=LEFT(TEXT(A1,"ddd"),2)

--ron
Harald Staff

"Ron Rosenfeld" skrev i melding
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:14:54 +0100, "Harald Staff"

wrote:

For Mo:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

Actually:

=LEFT(TEXT(A1,"ddd"),2)

That so ? Differences between regional settings then. It returns two letters
here in scandinavia. Ok, thanks Ron.

Best wishes Harald

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:31:53 +0100, "Harald Staff"
wrote:

That so ? Differences between regional settings then. It returns two letters
here in scandinavia. Ok, thanks Ron.

Best wishes Harald

Hmm. I never knew that. It is three letters in the US. I don't know about
other countries.

--ron