Princess Leia

Default Hyperlink to a file

Working in Excel2003, I'm trying to hyperlink to a .pdf, but the Acrobat
window won't stay open. The knowledgebase says that it'll only keep a
hyperlinked file open when it's "dirty" - when it's been modified since the
last save (i.e., it's open on your desktop already because you're working on
it). That seems pretty dumb to me, so obviously (I hope) I'm missing
something. Any ideas?

The other alternative that I see is for me to change this database over into
Access in the hopes that it plays better with file linking.