Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TQ TQ is offline

Default Get data with certain condition

Hi,I would like to get the data from same row or same coloum(which last
figure shown in same row or colum).

Example as below,

A1=15/3/2008
A2=25/4/2008
A3=nothing shown
A4=nothing shown
A5=Yes
A6=No
A7=nothing shown

A15 = I hope I can get the last figure or date or word shown in the same column (ie.No).

If all the coloum is blank then show with "-" , any solution ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TQ TQ is offline

Hi,

How about if the last coloum A14 is blank ? This fomula get the result with
"#N/A",I hope to get "-" instead of "#N/A"

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A14<""),A1:A14)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"TQ" wrote in message
Hi,I would like to get the data from same row or same coloum(which last
figure shown in same row or colum).

Example as below,

A1=15/3/2008
A2=25/4/2008
A3=nothing shown
A4=nothing shown
A5=Yes
A6=No
A7=nothing shown

A15 = I hope I can get the last figure or date or word shown in the
same column (ie.No).

If all the coloum is blank then show with "-" , any solution ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In my test A8:A14 was blank, and I get No as required

--
---
HTH

Bob

"TQ" wrote in message

How about if the last coloum A14 is blank ? This fomula get the result
with
"#N/A",I hope to get "-" instead of "#N/A"

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A14<""),A1:A14)

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"TQ" wrote in message
Hi,I would like to get the data from same row or same coloum(which
last
figure shown in same row or colum).

Example as below,

A1=15/3/2008
A2=25/4/2008
A3=nothing shown
A4=nothing shown
A5=Yes
A6=No
A7=nothing shown

A15 = I hope I can get the last figure or date or word shown in the
same column (ie.No).

If all the coloum is blank then show with "-" , any solution ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

See also your earlier thread, where I've responded to you as below:
---------------------------
"TQ" wrote:
How about show "-" replace of "#NA" if get nothing from certain column ?

Trap the expression's return with an IF(ISNA(...),... construct
In A15:
=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A14<""),A1:A14)),"-",
LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A14<""),A1:A14))

Spare me a moment to press the "Yes" button below, won't you?
I'm under the weather of late, need the "greens" to perk me up
--
Max
Singapore