Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Save As" problem with Excel 2003

Something happened in my computer/Office and now the default in Save As is
XML...don't know where it came from, but I don't like it. I need to save my
files as XLS. Can someone tell me how fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to tools | options | transition |choose the save excel file as | ok

On Jun 3, 8:20*pm, "John" wrote:
Something happened in my computer/Office and now the default in Save As is
XML...don't know where it came from, but I don't like it. I need to save my
files as XLS. Can someone tell me how fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. Save As what....?! Which option?

On Jun 3, 8:20 pm, "John" wrote:
Something happened in my computer/Office and now the default in Save As is
XML...don't know where it came from, but I don't like it. I need to save
my
files as XLS. Can someone tell me how fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

save as microsoft office excel workbook.

On Jun 3, 8:20 pm, "John" wrote:

Something happened in my computer/Office and now the default in Save As is
XML...don't know where it came from, but I don't like it. I need to save
my
files as XLS. Can someone tell me how fix that?

Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks.