Alexis

Default incorrect totals using rounded numbers

Formula for col. H is =SUM(C8*F8) where C8 is a dollar amt with 2 decimal
pts. and F8 is a figure formatted as "custom" but is actually a percentage
displayed as 0.1234567 (7 decimal pts.) The result displays as a dollar
amount with 2 decimal points. All is well UNTIL I total column H, using
=SUM(H8:H20). The total is off 2 cents! Apparently it is not totaling the
figures displayed as currency with 2 decimal points, but rather the unrounded
results of of the formula "=sum(C8*F8). How do I correct this???
--
Alexis
Ken Wright

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html