Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data sorting problem

Using Excel 2007, I must have accidentally pressed some combination of keys
that I did not intend to, because I can no longer do a data sort. When I
highlight the range of data to be sorted and then click on the Data tab, all
of the commands are greyed out. How can I remove this blockage and sort data
as I was doing quite happily up to this point in time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you protect the worksheet? That would caused the Sort option to be greyed
out. To unprotect it, click Tools-Protection-Unprotect Sheet. (I don't have
Excel 2007, so it's possible that Unprotect is in a different location for
you).

"Gracewood" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, I must have accidentally pressed some combination of keys
that I did not intend to, because I can no longer do a data sort. When I
highlight the range of data to be sorted and then click on the Data tab, all
of the commands are greyed out. How can I remove this blockage and sort data
as I was doing quite happily up to this point in time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you accidentally select more than one worksheet?

This would also gray-out the DataSort

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP