Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Lookup

I have a worksheet with a dropdown list of item codes in Col A.
Once that the code is selected, I need the item description in Col D and the
item price in Col F.

I have a seperate worksheet that has 3 columns for the code, description,
and price.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ginny,

Select two cells where you want the description and price returned. While
selected enter the following formula, adjusting the ranges to suit your
sheet.

=VLOOKUP(G20,D20:F22,{2,3},0)

Now use Ctrl+Alt+Enter to commit, you will get { } around the formula in the
formula bar.

If you need to change the formula select both cell and make the change in
the formula and use Ctrl+Alt+Enter again.

HTH
Regards,
Howard