Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro limitations

I have a 9 mb file that I want to create a macro that will copy/paste/new
workbook/creat a copy for one of the sheets, then copy/paste values some of
the cells in the new workbook, then delete A1:BB1119. The macro I have
written should work, but does not. If I delete the rows and then the
columns, the rows will delete, but not the columns. If I delete the columns
first, the rows will not delete. I am thinking Excel may have a limit on how
many deletions it can do in a macro. Do you have any ideas on how I can
accomplish this task?
--
Mary Frances
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is making sure you don't incorrectly delete additional information you
still need. If excel did what youi want then data at higher rows above 1119
would also get deleted and data to the right of cell BB would get delete.

These two additional areas would get deleted.
A1120:BB65535
BC1:IV1119

"Mary Frances" wrote:

I have a 9 mb file that I want to create a macro that will copy/paste/new
workbook/creat a copy for one of the sheets, then copy/paste values some of
the cells in the new workbook, then delete A1:BB1119. The macro I have
written should work, but does not. If I delete the rows and then the
columns, the rows will delete, but not the columns. If I delete the columns
first, the rows will not delete. I am thinking Excel may have a limit on how
many deletions it can do in a macro. Do you have any ideas on how I can
accomplish this task?
--
Mary Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[code]

Sheets("Analyzer").Copy
Application.Goto Reference:="R1120C54"
Range("BB1120:BV1139").Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("BC1140:BI1168").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=31
Range("BC1178:BI1181").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-50
Range("BB1:BB1118").Select
Range("BB1118").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Range("A1:BB1").Select
Range("BB1").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.EntireColumn.Delete
Range("A1").Select
--
Mary Frances

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, Post your code.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mary Frances" wrote in message
I have a 9 mb file that I want to create a macro that will copy/paste/new
workbook/creat a copy for one of the sheets, then copy/paste values some
of
the cells in the new workbook, then delete A1:BB1119. The macro I have
written should work, but does not. If I delete the rows and then the
columns, the rows will delete, but not the columns. If I delete the
columns
first, the rows will not delete. I am thinking Excel may have a limit on
how
many deletions it can do in a macro. Do you have any ideas on how I can
accomplish this task?
--
Mary Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

==========
Sheets("Analyzer").Copy
Application.Goto Reference:="R1120C54"
===========don't understand above that does nothing

Range("BB1120:BV1139").value=Range("BB1120:BV1139" ).value
Range("BC1140:BI1168").value=Range("BC1140:BI1168" ).value
Range("BC1178:BI1181").value=Range("BC1178:BI1181" ).value
Range("BB1:BB1118").EntireRow.Delete
Range("A1:BB1").EntireColumn.Delete

could even be shortened to
Range("BB1120:BV1139,bc1140:bi1168,bc1178:bi1181") .value= _
Range("BB1120:BV1139,bc1140:bi1168,bc1178:bi1181") .value
rows("1:1118").delete
[...]

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, Post your code.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I entered the code as you have it, but it still does not delete the columns.
The rows are gone, but the columns are still there. Any ideas on why this is
happening?
--
Mary Frances

==========

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, Post your code.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Send to my address below and I'll have a look.

--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

==========
[...]

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, Post your code.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In preparing the file to send to you (there is some very sensitive
information contained in the workbook that had to be deleted), I found that
the macro would work with all of the formulas deleted. When I tried it again
on the full version, the columns would still not delete. The one sheet is
1.05 mb; could that be the problem? Maybe there is too much information for
Excel to delete in one macro.
--
Mary Frances

"Don Guillett" wrote:

==========
[...]

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, Post your code.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why would rows to the right of cell BB get deleted? Did you mean to the left?

There is no information in A1:BB1119 that I need so I am trying to delete
that area. Is there a limit to how much can be deleted in a macro? The
sheet is a 1.9 mb file when removed from the workbook. When I delete all of
the information on the sheet manually, then create the macro to remove
A1:BB1119 it will work.
--
Mary Frances