mickane

Default No preview of merged items

When an experienced user attempts to run a mail merge on labels everything
seems to work well until attempting to preview the labels, where they are
blank. She tells me that another user had a similar issue which was resolved
with a patch. Searches have found nothing, while automatic office updates
crash (I have another post in regardig the crash under office updates).

Does anybody know of a relevant patch?
Lady Layla

What version software and what application are they using to produce the labels?

"mickane" wrote in message
: When an experienced user attempts to run a mail merge on labels everything
: seems to work well until attempting to preview the labels, where they are
: blank. She tells me that another user had a similar issue which was resolved
: with a patch. Searches have found nothing, while automatic office updates
: crash (I have another post in regardig the crash under office updates).
:
: Does anybody know of a relevant patch?

Gord Dibben

mickane

Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge with data from Excel.

I haven't heard of a patch, but perhaps the people over in

microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields would have a better idea.

In addition..........

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP